Friday, February 04, 2005

 

In the middle of the night...

I go walkin' in my sleep... or not. I go walkin' the floors of my unit, that's right only one more night of night shift then back to days I go. Not sure whether to be happy or not. So last week we got to do the coolest thing at work.... LEECH therapy. That's right, we took leeches (grown in a sterile environment) and got to put them on a patient who had this huge flap of skin re-attached. It was so cool! How amazing that God created that and that we still use it in medicine today, somethings work better than any new medicine we can invent. After the leeches were done 'feeding' then we umm... killed them. My dear friend Katie (also an RN, but on the oncology floor) wants to form the leech liberation foundation to "free squilly" it will be a foundation to protect poor leeches from their cruel fate, I think she was going to get a grant to make a 'retirement home' where they could live out the rest of their lives (since you can't reuse them on anyone else). So that's the newest and most exciting thing in my life, other than now being really old, having reached the official age of 23, I am ready to retire! :-) Well, I'll keep you posted if anything else new and bizzar occurs. BTW, the pt no longer gets leech therapy and is doing very well.
Till next time....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?